I was recently awarded a 5,000 Euro, no-interest loan from the Dekeyser & Friends Foundation. This loan is intended to help push EVET Arts Presents, my DreamPlan – a performing arts presenting and producing company – from the realm of idea to actuality. EVET’s inaugural project, funded in part by this loan from Dekeyser & Friends, will be a piece of physical theatre that tells a story of global human compassion.
Since we all have stories that we’ve heard and that have affected us when we heard them, I’m beginning the creative process by crowd-sourcing for that gem that needs to be told.
This is what I’m looking for:
- A true story
- That lends itself well to physical action on stage. Whether that physical action is depicting actual events or internal emotions, thoughts and fears is unimportant.
- I’m looking for an international story.
- I’m looking for a story of human struggle, compassion and determination.
- A story that can be told without too many ‘characters’
- A story that is pertinent to Mr & Mrs Average American Joe, either because it ties the world they live in to a world far away or because it speaks to a universal truth such as the love of a parent for their child.
- A story that involves song or dance would be especially appreciated
- A story set in a French or Spanish speaking country would also be ideal, but stories are, by no means, limited.
Please feel free to email me directly or respond to this post with your tales of wonder. Thank in advance. Mille fois.